- Quickly read the instructions. What kind of recording is it? What’s the topic? Who will you hear?
- Before you listen, look at the first line of each item. What kind of information, e.g. somebody’s opinion, do you need for each?
- Note the key words in each item to help you focus on the information you need.
- Listen for expressions with similar or opposite meanings to the key words you noted.
- Think of an answer in your own words. Then choose the option most like your answer.
- Check all your answers on the second listening.