Warning: include(../babykids/include/post/post-info-1.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /nfs/c09/h03/mnt/134176/domains/creativeenglish.it/html/wp-content/themes/babykids-child/single.php on line 64
Warning: include(): Failed opening '../babykids/include/post/post-info-1.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-5.6.21/share/pear') in /nfs/c09/h03/mnt/134176/domains/creativeenglish.it/html/wp-content/themes/babykids-child/single.php on line 64
Homework #14 for the Cambridge FIRST course. This part is focused on writing.
Dear students, you see this announcement in an English-language magazine. Study the exam question and write your answer in 140-190 words in an appropriate style.
Creative English Teacher
22nd Century Fashion
What will clothes look like in 100 years’ time?
Readers are invited to write articles saying what they think people will be wearing a century from now, and why.
The writer of the best article will receive a cash prize.
- Read the instructions. Do you know enough about the topic to write an article?
- Think about who your readers are and what they would like to read about.
- Spend a few minutes making a plan based on all parts of the task, noting down points and language for each paragraph.
- Think of a good title to attract your readers’ attention, and an interesting introduction to make them want to keep reading.
- Write your text in a lively way that will hold readers’ interest. You can describe your own experiences and give your own opinions.
- Use language that is fairly informal. Try to include some interesting expressions, e.g. it’s well worth it, and perhaps questions like I wonder what would happen if…
- Make the ending interesting by encouraging readers to think about what they have read.
- Check your article for mistakes – and that you have written at least 140 words.
- Prepare yourself for this task by reading articles in English in magazines or on the Internet.
Listening forces automatic learning and leads to general language acquisition.
Writing ideas down preserves them so that you can reflect upon them later.
Reading is the best way to learn and remember the proper spelling of words.
Speaking provides the ability to engage others in social circles
Submit Your Homework Below
Please submit your homework below. Double check the spelling of your words and your sentences.